Danube Cycle Path: Passau – Vienna
9 days / 8 nights
(per person based on double occupancy) | MULTIPLE DATES
Tour Highlights: Passau, Great Danube Loop, Linz – Capital of Upper Austria, Grein – City Theater, Wachau, Abbey of Melk, Krems, Waltz metropole Vienna
The Danube Cycle Path Deluxe offers the possibility to not only enjoy the beauty of the Danube while cycling during the days but also to relax and enjoy in the best hotels along the way in the evenings. Enjoy the wonderful river between Passau and Vienna in a completely different way.
The Level 1 cycling path is completely paved from one end to the other, flat, almost always directly along the riverbank and is also very suitable for beginners and children.
- All bike tours are unescorted
- The mileages and approximations are distances of the recommended routes
- Please be prepared by packing all necessary items, for example, proper rain gear (jacket and pants), sun hat, sunscreen and proper sport shoes
- The arrival to Passau is not included in the tour price
- 8 nights in room with private facilities
- Breakfast or 7x dinner (surcharge, only breakfast in Vienna)
- Daily luggage transport until Vienna (1 piece of luggage per person/ max. 20 kg)
- 1 x train ride Vienna central station – Passau (transfer of own bike not included) in season 1+2
- 1 x bus ride Vienna – Passau (incl. own bike ) in season 3, train ride back possible (advanced notification necessary)
- 1 Danube-Card per person – valid € 4,90 (min. 20% discount on the regular admission at more than 70 cooperation-partners)
- Service-Hotline (also accessible on weekends)
- Handlebar bag with route book, maps and information material per room
Rental bikes & equipment:
- 7-speed-touring bikes with back pedal brake or 21-speed-bikes, (ladies/gents)
- Electric bikes, children’s bikes, specialized equipment for children upon request
All rental bikes are equipped with a pannier (saddle bag) and an odometer (except Electro bike).
Bicycles inclusive panniers:
The offered bikes are touring bikes with an aluminium frame and kitted with responsive brakes and gears. Plus: mudguards, trip computers, comfort gel saddles, flat-palmed grips, Schwalbe Marathon anti-puncture tyres.
You can choose between the following bikes:
- 7-speed-bike with hand brake and backpedal brake
- 21-speed-bikewith hand brakes
- E-bikes unisex
- children seat, children trailer
with 28″ tires in different frame dimensions for ladies and gents.
All bikes are equipped with a one-sided Ortlieb pannier (20 liters) and a handlebar bag/room.
By popular demand, we have now invested in a considerable number of e-bikes, much favored by cyclists who love the great Outdoors, but prefer to let the bike take the strain.
With an electro bike every bike tour is a breeze! If you had few opportunities to cycle over the last weeks or if you are not sure concerning your fitness, but also with physical disabilities, every bike ride is a treat! The shiftable, low noise electric drive of our modern E-bike relieves you of some of the work and increases the pedal force up to 3 times … So you can now book a bike tour together with cyclists who have different fitness level. Acclivity can be handled easily.
Please note that it won’t be possible to fix the handlebar bags on some of our E-Bikes.
Can happen even with new wheels and by best servicing. With the rental bikes you will receive repair vouchers which you can present in our authorized workshops along the way. Should a repair not be possible, please contact our service number! In a few hotels/guest houses we have some bikes on stock if you need to change them during the trip.
You are welcome to bring your own bicycle. It is adapted especially to your needs. Do not forget to bring a repair kit with all necessary tools such as: keys, reserve tube and lock. Please check your own bicycle for operability upon arrival.
For the return journey to Passau we recommend the reservation of the bus transfer or the train ride – some trains offer bicycle-parking possibilities, however those are limited and a reservation is necessary.Back to Top