India: From Ladakh to Kashmir
12 days / 11 nights
(Land Only, based on Double Occupancy) | July 2-13, 2017
Tour Highlights: Delhi’s historical sites, epic flight over the Himalayas to Leh, the Nubra Valley, houseboats of Kashmir
Join the Gil Travel Group’s Iconic Journeys on this trip to these remote regions, for what promises to be one of the most unusual travel experiences. We will visit Ladakh, with its strong Tibetan Buddhist influences. Starting with an epic flight over the Himalayas to Leh, we will first visit ancient palaces, forts and monasteries of the Indus Valley where we will also be able to see rural life in the old Silk Road kingdom of Ladakh. From here we will visit the remote Nubra Valley over the world’s highest driveable pass before heading on what is generally regarded as one of the most spectacular roads in the whole Himalaya – via Lamayuru to Srinagar and its beautiful Alpine mountains and lakes.
This itinerary is perfect for those with a real sense of adventure!
It may sound obvious but…
The Gil Travel Group’s Iconic Journeys’ tours are not always for everyone! It is important to us that the tour you choose is the most suitable. Please therefore take time to read the itinerary description very carefully. This particular tour will include some rather rustic and basic travel segments. We try and make the trip as comfortable as we can with regards to accommodations and the vehicles used, but this is to be balanced with the remote area of some of the itinerary. Should you have any concerns about your ability to partake in any aspect of the tour then please contact the office.
What is included
- All ground transportation and transfers as per itinerary or similar
- All accommodations as specified in this itinerary or similar, (including first day early morning arrival)
- Airport transfers are included for those arriving/departing on the designated dates.
- All meals as specified within the budget as outlined in itinerary by B, L, or D
- Entrance fees for all tours and excursions specified in the itinerary or similar
- Professional English-speaking local guides
What is NOT included
- International flights
- All airport departure taxes (international departure taxes to be paid in USD)
- Excess baggage charges
- Passport and visa fees. A visa is required for this trip
- Meals not specified in this itinerary
- All drinks except bottled water with meals
- Personal items such as laundry, email, fax, telephone, souvenirs, etc.
- Gratuities for tour and site guides and drivers
- Trip cancellation, travel delay, and baggage insurance (Note: This optional coverage is highly recommended and can be purchased through your local insurance company)
Note: No credit/refund for any unused services.
(B) Breakfast (L) Lunch (D) Dinner
Dates: July 2-13, 2017
Please contact a travel agent about airfare for this tour: 1.800.223.3855
Land Only Rates
$3,750 per person (based on Double Occupancy)
Single supplement $950Back to Top
|Delhi||The Claridges||This hotel combines elegance and contemporary luxury. It is located in close proximity to the Capital’s bustling commercial and cultural centers.|
|Leh||Hotel Grand Dragon||Located in the heart of the ancient city of Leh, The Grand Dragon will pamper you with traditional Ladakhi hospitality to make you feel on top of the world... literally.|
|Nubra Valley||Nubra Serai fixed camp||The Sarai is Ladakh’s premier eco resort, a tribe of 14 yurt-style bungalows nestled in a beautiful grove of willow, poplar, apricot and apple trees.|
|Kargil||Fixed camp accommodations|
|Srinagar||Houseboat||The houseboat sits amidst the beauty of nature and enjoys breathtaking views of the snow covered peaks of the Pir Panjal mountains.|
|Delhi||Pride Plaza||This hotel combines modern ammenities with true Indian hospitality and traditionally luxurious service.|
Back to Top