India’s Diverse South
14 days / 13 nights
(Land Only, based on Double Occupancy) | November 11 – 24, 2017
Tour Highlights: Chennai, Pondicherry, Thanjavur, Madurai, Thekkady, Cochin
The Gil Travel Group brings you a tour of south India’s diversity, a considerable contrast to the north of India. The influences of India’s communities; including but not limited to Hindus, Christians, Muslims and Jews, all find their place in this special tour. Colorful festivals, beautiful seaside settings, the backwaters of Kerala and wonderful weather, all of which is nearly assured.
During this tour you will enjoy deluxe seaside resorts, village Eco-lodges and boutique hotels… the diversity of places alone will be among the highlights that await you!
What is included
- All ground transportation and transfers as per itinerary or similar
- All accommodations as specified in this itinerary or similar, (including first day early morning arrival)
- Airport transfers are included for those arriving/departing on the designated dates.
- All meals as specified within the budget as outlined in itinerary by B, L, or D
- Entrance fees for all tours and excursions specified in the itinerary or similar
- Professional English-speaking local guides
What is NOT included
- International flights
- All airport departure taxes (international departure taxes to be paid in USD)
- Excess baggage charges
- Passport and visa fees. A visa is required for this trip
- Meals not specified in this itinerary
- All drinks except bottled water with meals
- Personal items such as laundry, email, fax, telephone, souvenirs, etc.
- Gratuities for tour and site guides and drivers
- Trip cancellation, travel delay, and baggage insurance (Note: This optional coverage is highly recommended and can be purchased through your local insurance company)
Note: No credit/refund for any unused services.
(B) Breakfast (L) Lunch (D) Dinner
Note: All itineraries are subject to change
* A minimum of 10 passengers is required for tour service.
This tour is limited to 18 participants.
Dates: November 11 – 24, 2017
Please contact a travel agent about airfare for this tour: 1.800.223.3855
Land Only Rates
$2,895 per person (based on Double Occupancy)
Single supplement $850Back to Top
|Chennai||Courtyard by Marriott||This modern hotel is located near the Thousand Lights Mosque and a 15-minute drive from Marina Beach|
|Mahabalipuram||Radisson Resort Temple Bay||This beautiful 44-acre property is walking distance from the beach. It features an infinity pool and a spa.|
|Pondicherry||The Promenade||At the heart of the town's ancient "French Quarter". While interiors are ultra modern with its clean minimalist design, the outside is colonial French. The Promenade's beautifully landscaped porch overlooking the sea is a great place to spend a relaxed evening.|
|Tanjore||Ideal River View Resort||Ideal River Resort has strategically combined the idyllic settings of the historic city of Tanjore with stylish accommodations and seamless service.|
|Madurai||The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai||Sitting on the top of Pasumalai Hill, The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai stretches over 62 acres of peaceful landscaped gardens. |
The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai enjoys beautiful views of the famous Meenakshi Temple, Madurai City and Kodai Hills.
|Thekkady||Spice Village||Resembling a traditional tribal village, Spice Village offers thatched-roof cottages.|
The rustic cottages come with a private verandah which overlooks fruit trees and herb beds.
|Kumarakom||Kumarakom Lake Resort||This award-winning resort on the banks of Vembanad Lake offers contemporary cottages decorated with heritage materials and state-of-the-art facilities.|
|Cochin||Le Meridien||As the largest and one of the few internationally branded hotel in Cochin, the resort stands secluded from the outside word and enables the guests to get in touch with nature and tranquillity|
Back to Top