Israel: Desert Delight Tour 2016-2017
2 days / 1 night
(land only per person including hotel)
Tour Highlights: Archaeological finds, breathtaking scenery, wildlife, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Lunch in a Bedouin tent, hiking, springs and waterfalls
Explore the south of Israel on an incredible journey through stunning landscapes, as you discover Israel’s history, archaeology, and geology, and encounter its wildlife and vegetation. This unique adventure will enable you to experience “a little bit of everything”, while giving you a chance to appreciate Israel, its fascinating history, and its incredible natural beauty.
- Guaranteed departure for minimum 2 participants. Booking must be done at least 10 days in advance.
- The tour can be booked as a private tour for minimum 4 participants at any other day of the week (excluding Friday, Saturday and Jewish Holidays).
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and all Dead Sea hotels.
- Pick-up and drop-off will be from/to the same hotel. Drop-off at a different location is available at an extra fee of $25 per person.
- Available for children aged 12 and over. Families with children below the age of 12 have the option to book a private tour.
- Due to limited space in the jeeps, one overnight bag is permitted per person. Other luggage can be stored in the hotel’s luggage storage room.
- Please bring the following: bathing suit, sunscreen, hat, comfortable walking shoes and warm clothing (also in the summer, for cool desert nights).
- Jeep desert tours include driving on off-road tracks and through bumpy terrain. They are therefore not recommended for pregnant woman, and for people with back and/or neck problems.
- The tour is guided in English only.
Included services in our tour rates:
- 2 touring days with a government licensed English speaking guide.
- All entrances fees per itinerary above.
- Private tours available by request
Not included services in our tour rates:
- Airfare (please contact an agent)
- Tips to guide/driver and hotel staff
- Items of a personal nature (laundry, souvenirs, film/toiletries, etc.)
- Travel Insurance (Strongly Recommended)
Terms and Conditions
- Full amount due with reservation
- $50 Cancellation Fee 30-16 days prior
- Non-refundable 15 days before tour date
Why Gil Travel?
- Experienced Travel Agents: Over 40 years of experience; sending over 40,000 people to Israel every year!
- 5 Star Treatment: Enjoy private transfers to and from the airport and hotel.
- Guaranteed Israel Tour: Your trip will never be canceled, subject to a minimum of 2 passengers traveling.
- Israel Tour Experience: Our Israel tours are packed with exciting opportunities to explore, learn and enjoy.
Note: No credit/refund for any unused services.
Dates & Rates
Tour departs: Every Sunday and Wednesday*
The tour will not depart during high season
* Per person in a double room – $480
* Third person in a room – $416
* Single person in a room – $535
* 2 day guided tour in the desert in a 4×4 jeep (max. 6 passengers per jeep).
* 1 night’s accommodation including dinner and breakfast.
* 1 light lunch